Alpha Centauri
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizard AoE edits

2 posters

Go down

Wizard AoE edits Empty Wizard AoE edits

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Some quick edits I decided to do instead of studying for finals. It is my personal belief that editing these particular skills are neither game-breaking nor unfairly advantageous, but of course it is up to you to decide if you are comfortable using these.

First, I downloaded this pack: http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/guide-request//creative-editing-simplified-effects/0/ . I didn't like how almost everything was gone, so I decided to edit things up a bit.

LoV: Replaces the lightning strike with a KABOOM !! arrow, explosion in the middle that is originally from MS replaced with a star (see the next edit), and I didn't know what to do with the ground flash so I decided to have a little fun.
Wizard AoE edits Lov1o.th Wizard AoE edits Lov2.th Wizard AoE edits Lov3u.th
(the 7 is from sp recov)

MS: Meteor hits are replaced with stars.
Wizard AoE edits 66918681.th

SG: the "wave" effect was replaced with three rings. The middle ring tells you (to my surprise) the range of SG when it extends all the way.
Wizard AoE edits 13963074.th

Just download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?lzt0z1tnzdo and extract everything to your RO folder/data/texture/effect. It's relatively simple to edit these in anyways you like. I did all of these in MS Paint.

Back to top Go down

Wizard AoE edits Empty Re: Wizard AoE edits

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Shocked my saivor Mama Ines.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yaghtz Fri May 07, 2010 1:09 am

OMG, I was wondering how people are getting this.
I can finally play with effects-on during WOE, instead of randomly walking into people quagmires, see where pneumas are, SW, stalker footprints and etc.

How do you edit the animation to a custom one, only using ms paint?

***EDIT***

Ok I figured it out how to edit the animation, pretty neat.
Yaghtz
Yaghtz

Back to top Go down

Post  kinetic Sun May 09, 2010 12:17 am

lol what happened to ac's position on no grf editing? be smart, do not post vids or screenies of your edits to the server's public lol :p or else you will end up like haya >_>

kinetic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 09, 2010 12:24 am

If you feel that you are uncomfortable with using these, then by all means do not. I've already stated that I personally believe that these do not give unfair advantages, and thus fair to use. What I am against are edits that give unfair abuse, such Haya's hide and Chasewalk animations. I'm not trying to say that David is a bad guy, but that you should understand what you're using and how it affects gameplay before utilizing them. If you can reason out why a certain edit would be okay in a competitive situation, then use it. Same vice versa. If you can't figure out how it would or would not make things unfair, then I'd suggest you don't take the risk and use something you are not completely familiar with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 7:32 pm

I'd like to know how to change the aura's to something simple, I really dislike ours.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 9:36 pm

Download this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCN7R21P and place that in RO\data\texture\effect. Then edit auraring.bmp and freezing_circle.bmp in the same folder to pure black.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum